Reboot your body with Dr. Oz's 48-hour Weekend Cleanse. This cleanse is designed to give you the key nutrients your body needs while stimulating and detoxing your organs. Prepare and eat these meals two days in a row. Click here for the complete shopping list for Dr. Oz's 48-Hour Weekend Cleanse.
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds and stalks included, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup sliced shitake caps
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 8 sprigs parsley, chopped stems and leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Combine all ingredients, except for the chopped parsley, in a pot. Add 2 quarts of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer covered for about 1 hour. Adjust seasoning. Remove whole parsley sprigs and serve topped with some freshly chopped parsley. Serve with a side of traditionally fermented sauerkraut and chopped apples (warm or room temperature).
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!