Nutritionist Haylie Pomroy's warrior soup is filled with fiber-rich leeks and garlic, which aid in maintaining the body's blood sugar levels throughout the day. This recipe also provides a vitamin K boost and gives you a burst of energy at the same time.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium chopped leeks (white and light green parts only
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups peeled, sliced carrots
- 2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green beans cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 quarts organic sugar-free vegetable stock
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Next, add the celery, leeks, garlic, and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Cook for about seven minutes. Then, add the carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans and cook for another four minutes.
3. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the cabbage and black pepper. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Remove from heat; stir in the parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste with sea salt.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 3-Day Super Soup Restart Cleanse.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!