This chilled soup is the perfect treat for a hot, sticky day. Not only will the dish’s texture suppress your appetite, but it’s only 85 calories – making it the perfect guilt-free summer snack.
Makes about 9 cups
- 5 cups cubed Watermelon (one cup cubed small)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 small vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced English (seedless) cucumber
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek (strained) yogurt
Puree the 4 cups of (larger cubed) watermelon, the orange juice, jalapeno, cashew butter, lime juice and zest and the Agave nectar until very smooth.
Stir in the remaining watermelon, the onion, cucumber, blueberries, yellow and green peppers, tomatoes and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate covered for at least one hour.
To serve ladle soup into individual bowls, top each with a dollop of yogurt and enjoy.