- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28-oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp, tails removed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- Zucchini noodles (optional)
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the shallot and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasoning mix and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the shrimp, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes, or until opaque. Stir in the cream or coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over zucchini noodles, if desired.