Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb bulk or loose sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 wheat-free pizza crust
- 2 cups sugar-free pizza or marinara sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Preheat the over to 350°F.
In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Cook the sausage, onion, and garlic for 10 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through and the onion is tender. Remove from the heat and drain if necessary.
Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Top with the sauce, mozzarella, sausage mixture, bell pepper, oregano, and Parmesan or Romano. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over the top.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until browned and the cheese melts.