Add white beans to your chocolate chip cookies for more fiber. White beans are creamy and nutty, so they hide well in the cookies while providing double the fiber of your regular recipe. These cookies are so good that your kids won’t know you’re tricking them!
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, put the beans in a food processor; add the maple syrup and puree until very smooth.
3. Add the bean mixture to the creamed butter in the bowl of the stand mixer and beat on medium speed until completely smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Stop and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula several times during the mixing.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Scrape down the bowl.
5. Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl.
6. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop heaping tablespoonful’s of dough onto the prepared pans, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake until the cookies begin to turn golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Insanely Popular Health Rules You Should Ignore Immediately.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!