Another great recipe from Silk: a quick, tasty soup full of noodles and spice.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened Silk Milk
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 lb rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 small tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- asian chili oil (optional)
In a heavy saucepan heat the vegetable oil over moderately low heat and cook garlic and jalapeno, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, coconut milk, Silk and ginger and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
While the soup is simmering, place noodles in a large bowl, cover with warm water and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Pour noodles into a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
Once soup has simmered, add tofu, tomatoes and lime juice. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until soup is hot. Divide the noodles among four bowls and ladle the soup over noodles. Sprinkle each serving with chopped coriander and drizzle with chili oil, if desired.