Another great recipe from Silk! Savor the taste of summer all year with cool shrimp in a creamy dill dressing.
Makes 12 lettuce cups (4 servings)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 oz silken tofu (1/4 block)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Silk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked, deveined and chilled
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 cup celery, finely minced
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- lemon slices, for garnish
Prepare dressing. Using a mini food processor or blender, combine mayonnaise, tofu, Silk, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill. Blend until smooth. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of Silk to thin dressing, if desired. In a large bowl gently combine chilled shrimp, dressing, onions, and celery. Taste and adjust seasonings.
To serve: Arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter and fill each leaf with 1/3 cup shrimp salad mixture. Garnish with extra dill, a grind of fresh black pepper and arrange lemon slices on the side.