You have 36 hours to act after a tick bite. Do you know what to do? Learn proper tick removal technique and lyme disease prevention.
Lyme Disease Prevention Tips
- Cover skin in grassy/wooded areas.
- Use insect repellent: 10-30% DEET or a natural alternative, oil of lemon-eucalyptus.
- Wear light-colored clothing. It will be easier to spot ticks this way.
- Check your pets. They can bring ticks into your home.
- Shower! Ticks don’t bite immediately; they walk around the body looking for a “perfect” spot. Showering can preempt the bite.