While the sound of the word "fungus" is enough to gross most of us out, there are approximately 15 million Americans suffering from nail fungus. Dr. Oz shares his best tips to prevent and treat this common condition.
Tips to Prevent Nail Fungus:
- Wear flat shoes instead of high heels where the angle of your foot causes toes to crush up against the front of the shoe.
- Keeping your nails short and straight
- Wear synthetic socks that wick water away from your toes rather than cotton socks
Dr. Oz’s Nail Fungus Solutions:
- Oral antifungal
- Vinegar bath (2 parts vinegar and 4 parts water)
- Thyme oil – add a few drops to a basin of warm water and soak your feet