Dr. Oz explains the causes of carpal tunnel syndrome and serves up some solutions to ease the pain.
Carpal Tunnel Stretch
- Extend arms out in front of you, palms facing down. Stretch wrists and fingers acutely, as if you were pushing against a wall. Hold for a count of 5 seconds
- With arms still extended, straighten both wrists and relax fingers.
- Make a tight fist with both hands.
- Bend wrists downward while keeping the fist. Hold for a count of 5 seconds.
- Straighten both wrists and relax fingers for a count of 5 seconds.
- Let your arms hang loosely by your sides and shake them out for a few seconds.
This exercise should be repeated 10 times.
Animation produced by Visible Productions Inc.