Another great recipe from Silk! Silky dressing over a salad stocked with delicious ingredients. What's not to love?
- 1/4 cup unsweeted Silk Milk
- 3 oz silken tofu (1/4 block)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 skinless, chicken breasts, poached and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 head romaine, leaves cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked until crisp
- 3/4 lb medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 avocados, peeled and halved
Prepare dressing. Place all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
Prepare four individual salads. Divide romaine lettuce and watercress among 4 large salad plates. Arrange remaining ingredients in sections or patterns on top of greens on each plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve Green Goddess Dressing on the side.
If one large salad is preferred, place romaine in a large salad bowl. Layer remaining ingredients in the order listed: chicken, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, Roquefort, watercress, eggs, chives, salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing when ready to serve, or serve dressing on the side.