In a playful edition of Daily Dose, Dr. Oz discusses the facts of calcium:
- If you do not get enough calcium in your diet, your body will steal it from your bones.
- A lack of calcium in your diet can worsen the symptoms of PMS.
- The average woman contains up to 2 lbs. of calcium.
Good sources of calcium include:
- Whitebait fish (young herring)
- Dairy like yogurt and Limburger cheese
- Amaranth leaves, a leafy Jamaican vegetable loaded with calcium.
- Turnip leaves – saute the leaves with a small amount of salt and olive oil for an excellent fat-fighting meal.