MYTH: The more you exercise, the more weight you lose.
FACT: This is totally a myth! In fact, most people who over-exercise and exercise intensely stall weight loss because they are so ravenous when they are done that they overeat!
The truth is diet is responsible for 80% of your weight loss and exercise makes up the other 20%. If you’re serious about losing weight, make eating for weight loss your top priority before you begin exercising.
Don’t worry about eating to support your workout if you need to lose weight; your body has plenty of stored energy inside each fat cell and that’s what we want to burn when we step into the gym – not the last meal we ate! Keep your exercise intensity moderate so you can simply resume normal eating when you’re finished.
If you’re so ravenous after your workout that you can’t stop, you pushed too hard or worked out too long. Start slow. Try drinking a whey protein shake that’s less than 155 calories and low in fat and sugar, and watch the weight fall off. Did you know that whey boosts your metabolism by 25%?
The truth is that people who change their diet without working out lose more weight because they don’t feel like they get a free pass to eat whatever they want!