Dr. Oz and Meredith Vieira discuss how you can help your child cope with the tragedy in Connecticut. It's difficult to process the horrifiic nature of this event, but there are ways you can help.
Below are some resources that can help you deal with the stress of this event and help you talk to your children about what happened.
- How to Recognize Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- NYU Child Study Center: Helping Children Feel Safe at Unsafe Times
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Center
- American Academy of Pediatrics: The Impact of Kidnapping, Shooting and Torture on Children
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- National Center for PTSD