Dr. Oz urges everyone to come together as one in the face of the tragedy in Connecticut. Because of the terrible nature of these events, it’s normal for people to be deeply affected by the news – and to experience painful and potentially dangerous stress symptoms. Below are some resources that can help you deal with the stress of this event and help you talk to your children about what happened.
- How to Recognize Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- NYU Child Study Center: Helping Children Feel Safe at Unsafe Times
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Center
- American Academy of Pediatrics: The Impact of Kidnapping, Shooting and Torture on Children
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- National Center for PTSD