2. Healthy Teeth
$300 Money Saver: Toothbrush Foods
Many people spend lots of out-of-pocket money on visits to the dentist, especially on fillings and expensive teeth-whitening treatments. That’s why it’s worth knowing about certain “toothbrush foods.”
Good Toothbrush Foods
- Crunchy vegetables such as carrots or cauliflower gently scrub teeth.
- Hard cheeses such as parmesan contain phosphopeptides that protect enamel.
- Strawberries contain malic acid, which is helpful in whitening your teeth.
Foods to Avoid
- Baked goods like muffins often contain simple sugars that cause tooth decay.
- White wine and pickles are very acidic foods that break down tooth enamel.
3. Healthy Foods
$300 Money Saver: Coupons
We’re not talking about your granny’s clip-and-save coupons. Websites such as mygrocerydeals.com or coupons.com track when your favorite items go on sale so you can save on healthy items such as fruits, vegetables and other fresh produce. The average family of four spends about $100 per month on fruits and vegetables, but with special coupons, you can easily knock 25% off that cost, which adds up to $300 in savings.