Dr. Oz always urges you to eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, but this time he’s focusing on foods that help you look younger – and can actually turn back the clock! Here are Dr. Oz’s 5 Super Foods:
- Pumpkin Seeds: A food rich in magnesium that helps lower blood pressure and reduces your risk for heart attacks or stroke.
- Eggs: Containing iron, biotin and B12, eggs can help strengthen hair. The iron combats anemia, a reduction of red blood cells that is often an undiagnosed cause of hair loss in women.
- Pomegranate: The juice in pomegranate seeds contain ellagic acid and punic alagin which fight damage from free radicals and preserves the collagen in your skin. It’s also a powerful source of phytonutrients that promote healthy skin.
- Oatmeal: This super food contains soluble fiber which reduces LDL, or “bad” cholesterol.
- Black Currants: A fantastic supplement for promoting healthy vision, black currants contain compound anthocyanosides, which may be helpful for promoting night vision. They are also rich in vitamin C – they contain 5 times the amount in an orange – making them a powerful immunity booster!