The #1 reason women go to the gynecologist is for treatment of vaginitis, which presents itelf as trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections. Dr. Oz discusses the symptoms of the infection and how you can prevent suffering from one.
Symptoms of vaginitis
- Vaginal itching or irritation
- Pain during intercourse
- Painful urination
- Change in discharge
3 Most Common Vaginal Infections
- Bacterial Vaginosis - discharge is cloudy in appearance and it can be treated with antibiotics.
- Yeast Infection - discharge can be clumpy or cheesy in appearance and it can be treated with prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Trichomoniasis - discharge is green in color and this is the most common sexually transmitted disease. It can also be easily treated with prescription medication.
- Vitamin D is especially beneficial for bacterial vaginosis
- Trichomoniasis responds well to zinc.
- Adding real yogurt to your diet can help prevent yeast infections.
- Wear cotton underwear because it breathes.