This is a little twist on the classic French endive salad. Mango gives it a major infusion of tropical flavor plus a kick of vitamin C and A and an extra helping of antioxidants.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into thin 2-inch long strips
- 2 heads endive, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 apple, cored, quartered and cut into thin quarter moon discs
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 oz maytag blue or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp walnut or grape seed oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Toss the mango, endive and apple slices, walnuts and blue cheese with the vinegar and oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.