Eating Paleo, or like our Stone-Age ancestors, doesn't mean tearing hunks of meat off a bone. Hit the reset button on your body and eat the diet you were born to eat with these recipes from Nell Stephenson's Paleoista. Read an excerpt of the book here, or find out more about the plan here.
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs, ground in a nut grinder, plus a little extra for dusting
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, warmed
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, warmed
- 1/4 cup creamy raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 tsp finely grated orange zest (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated cinnamon
Combine the cacao nibs, coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, honey and orange zest, if using, in a medium bowl. Stir with a wooden rounded spoon until well combined. Place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden slightly.
Using a teaspoon to measure portions, scoop out mixture and roll in your palms into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra ground nibs and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place in tiny foil candy cups and then in a small "candy box" for presentation. Store in fridge for one to two days. Best eaten fresh!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Little Couple's Cancer Scare.