- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 cups finely minced cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded then finely minced
- 2 tbsp finely minced onion
Combine mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, sugar, vinegars, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk well until the sugar is dissolved.
Add cabbage, carrot and onion, and toss well. Be sure cabbage, carrot and onion are chopped into very small pieces, about the size of rice. Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving. Overnight is even better.