The Shred Diet is based on 6 weeks of different components. Below is a breakdown of the plan:
- Week 1: Prime – This week is an introduction to the Shred Diet and serves to ease your body into the lifestyle change.
- Week 2: Challenge – During the second week, you’ll get serious about your commitment to the diet by reducing your calorie intake.
- Week 3: Transformation – You’ll start noticing a difference in how you look and feel this week! This is the most difficult week of the program – push yourself to find new ways to break through your weight-loss plateau.
- Week 4: Ascend – This week will come as a relief after the difficulty of Week 3. Use this time to rebuild your strength and gain confidence.
- Week 5: Cleanse – You’ll begin a detox focused on cleansing your blood and eliminating toxins from your body.
- Week 6: Explode – The final week of the cycle starts a lifetime of maintenance by creating a new, sustainable lifestyle based on what you’ve learned.
Committing to the Shred Diet requires following 3 main rules. Below are the key strategies required to turn your body into a fat-shredding machine in only 6 weeks!
1. Meal Spacing
On the Shred Diet, you’ll eat four meals and up to three snacks a day. Eating smaller meals will keep you from getting hungry as you distribute your calories throughout the day. Equally important, spacing out your meals will keep your hormones stable. When you eat small meals, especially meals composed of foods that have a low-glycemic index (choices that are less likely to spike your blood sugar), you prevent surges in hormones that lead to weight gain.