Stress is unavoidable, but it doesn't have to run your life or ruin your health. Be proactive about guarding yourself against the side effects of stress. Incorporate these 5 steps into your daily routine.
- Nutrition. Eat foods rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C will boost your immunity and reduce inflammation, one way which stress manifests itself.
- Exercise. It relaxes you.
- Aromatherapy. Lavendar boosts levels of dopamine and seratonin.
- Immunity Support. Take a daily multivitamin. Look for vitamins A, C and E, B-complex vitamins, magnesium and zinc.
- Know Your Numbers. Know your weight, cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
Click here to take a quiz on stress awareness.
Challenge yourself to unwind. Click here to take Dr. Oz's Stress-Proof Your Life Challenge.