Meet Dr. Peters! Want to see more of America's most eligible doctors? Browse our gallery.
Full Name: Calvin Trokon Peters, MD
Hometown: Fort Worth, Texas
Specialty: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Place of Practice: Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Why did you want to become a doctor?
I love medicine and connecting with people. I always knew I wanted to be a doctor. I even went to a magnet high school for kids interested in health careers. I was adopted and driven to be the best, so I knew I had to work hard. I am a kind, caring person who enjoys helping others. Medicine is the perfect career.
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
Besides for my personality, the fact that I sing. They call me the "Singing Doctor," but not in an obnoxious manner. This comes from my singing from time to time to patients I really like! My personality is very outgoing. I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine and I provide plenty of both!
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Laughing as much as possible every day.
- Never forget about yourself and the things that you love.
- Learn to forgive yourself and others. None of us are perfect!
- Never stop creating memories.
- Tell those around you how much you love them, because you never know what tomorrow could bring.