When you think fast food, you often picture a greasy burger and fries. But on-the-go meals don’t have to be loaded with trans fats. Dr. Oz did the research and discovered the best fast-food options that won’t derail your diet. Read on to find out how to eat healthy when you’re on the move.
It would be great if we all had time to cook homemade meals full of fresh, healthy ingredients every day. Unfortunately, life gets in the way and when we’re on the run and starving, there is one place we always turn: fast food. Fear not for your health – Dr. Oz has created the ultimate Fast Food Diet full of only the healthiest options.
This diet uses the same parameters as Dr. Oz’s Ultimate Diet, including 1500 calories daily, a maximum of 15 grams of saturated fat, and 5-6 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
Eighty percent of people who lose weight and keep it off eat breakfast every day.
- Egg white, spinach and feta wrap
- An apple
- Egg white, turkey sausage or veggie flat bread
- A banana
- Two Egg McMuffins – Remove the English muffins, and eat with knife and fork.
- A piece of fruit
- Egg white with veggies on wheat bread
Make sure to opt for water instead of soda. Don’t let sugary drinks sabotage your diet.
- 6-inch ham, turkey, chicken, or roast beef sandwich on wheat or 9 grain bread (Add lots of veggie toppings to up your vegetable intake.)
- Kung pao chicken and order of mixed veggies (Avoid white rice; ask for brown rice instead.)
- Premium Grilled Chicken Classic sandwich with extra lettuce and tomato (Remove the bread and eat with knife and fork.)
- Two grilled honey mustard or chipotle chicken snack wraps (Again, ditch the wrap and eat with knife and fork.)
- Add side salad to any meal
- Ultimate Chicken Grill with extra lettuce and tomato (Eat without the bun.)
- Side order of small chili
- Two bean burritos, fresco style
- Two fresco chicken or steak hard tacos with a side of fresco pinto beans
- Double Whopper Junior with extra lettuce and tomato (Take off bun and eat with knife and fork.)
- Side of apple fries
Papa John’s Pizza
- Two slices of Garden Fresh pizza on whole wheat thin crust
- One slice of garden fresh pizza on whole wheat crust with 1 whole wheat breadstick dipped in pizza sauce
- Grilled chicken breast with two of the below sides:
- Side salad with no croutons and fat free ranch dressing
- Green beans
- Corn on the cob
- Taco salad with chicken or steak, fresh tomato salsa, hot sauce (optional), guacamole, add black or pinto beans if desired (NOTE: Avoid the salad dressing because it has 260 calories and 700 mg sodium. The guacamole, juices from the meats, and salsa should give the salad enough “sauce.” Ask for extra salsa if you want more flavor.)
- Chicken on flatbread with hummus artisan snack plate
- Handful of roasted almonds
- Deluxe fruit blend salad
- 10 oz cup of soup. Try any of the following: chicken tortilla, chipotle chicken corn chowder, fire roasted tomato orzo, minestrone, roasted chicken noodle, rosemary chicken and dumpling, Spanish style chicken and rice with pork, tomato garden veggie w/ rotini.
- Fruit and walnut salad
- Apple dippers
- Sargento light string cheese
Click here for more information about the calorie counts in fast food.