Meet Dr. Sheikh! Want to see more of America's most eligible doctors? Browse our gallery.
Full name: Ednan S. Sheikh, MD
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Specialty: Interventional Pain Management
Place of Practice: Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City, NJ; Rutherford, NJ; Paterson, NJ
Why did you want to become a doctor?
Fascination with the human body. I wanted to help improve people’s lives.
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
I have a surgical background and I am more of an interventionalist. I don't use to many opioids in my practice. I also trained at heavily academic institutions with a large spectrum of patients. I'm able to provide patients with treatment options other pain physicians may not be familiar or comfortable with.
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Three spoons of honey a day.
- Wear protective equipment/gear during physically demanding work or activity. Use proper form in moving or lifting equipment.
- Hang around family more often. Kids growing up around grandparents have higher IQs.
- Laughing may cause you to live longer. Staying happy.
- Standing more than sitting, may increase your lifespan.