Find out the amount of time you’ll need to spend working off that bag of chips.
First, it was all about nutrition labels then calories on restaurant menus were all the rage. Now, experts are calling for activity-equivalent labels on some of your favorite snacks and foods. These activity equivalents break down how long it would take to burn off the calories in a snack or meal and the purpose of these labels is to give people a more insight into what they’re eating. Before you dive into your lunch or head to the vending machine, find out the amount of time you’ll need to spend working off some popular picks. Want to reference this on the go? Print the guide here.
- Quarter of large pizza, 449 calories: 1 hr 23 min walking / 43 min running
- Chicken & bacon sandwich, 445 calories: 1 hr 22 min walking / 42 min running
- Dry roasted peanuts, 296 calories: 54 min walking / 28 min running
- Medium mocha coffee, 290 calories: 53 min walking / 28 min running
- Blueberry muffin, 265 calories: 48 min walking / 25 min running
- Chocolate bar, 229 calories: 42 min walking / 22 min running
- Potato chips, 171 calories: 31 min walking / 16 min running
- Soda, 138 calories: 26 min walking / 13 min running
*All calories listed are estimates and workout times may vary depending on a variety of factors, including age, gender, and weight.