Meet Dr. Schlesinger! Want to see more of America's most eligible doctors? Browse our gallery.
Name: Mark Schlesinger, MD
Hometown: Union, NJ
Specialty: Chairman Anesthesiology
Place of Practice: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
Why did you want to become a doctor?
My mother wanted to be able to say, “my son, the doctor."
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
I’m very congenial, serious but light hearted, talented and skilled – all in one nice package.
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Be Happy. I think health has a lot to do with attitude. I believe that each person has to find their own happiness. Put out positive energy and you will attract positive energy. Put out happiness and you will attract happiness.
- Find fulfillment in your personal and professional life. Life is short, so one has to enjoy their work.
- Possess integrity. This speaks for itself.
- Respect others and they will respect you. Mutual respect is important in both your personal and professional life.
- I believe it’s important to travel so you may gain perspective on your own life. It is very difficult to view yourself objectively while in your comfort zone. Traveling helps to give you perspective about yourself.