Meet Dr. Morin! Want to see more of America's most eligible doctors? Browse our gallery.
Name: Robert Morin, MD
Hometown: New York City
Specialty: Plastic Surgery
Place of Practice: East Coast Aesthetic Surgery, NY & NJ
Why did you want to become a doctor?
My aunt died of HIV when I was 17 years old. I felt helpless at the time and I hated the fact that I was unable to do anything to alleviate her suffering. I made the decision to become a doctor to ensure that I would never be in a situation where I was unable to help another human being again
What sets you apart from other doctors in your field?
I completed a craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery fellowship after finishing my residency in plastic surgery. As a result, I perform a significant number of facial reconstructions in addition to elective cosmetic surgery. Furthermore, every year I take a trip to a developing country and I operate on children with cleft lips and cleft palates for a week.
What are your 5 tips for living longer?
- Be happy - happy people live longer lives, there are many options in plastic surgery to make people happier about their appearance and therefore themselves, this improves the quality of their relationships and their lives - no one "needs" cosmetic surgery but everyone "needs" to be happy - when people feel better about themselves they are more active, they reach out to more friends, they are more social, they are more competitive in the workplace, they have more sex and they have more energy to lead active healthy and more fulfilling lives.
- Help your heart - plastic surgery has many options for weight reduction that not only make people look better and feel better about themselves but actually prolong their life because they take the burden of extra weight off of their hearts - the heart can work less, it is less stressed and it functions better and longer - liposuction, tummy tuck and body contouring after massive weight loss are examples of these options.
- Take care of yourself after plastic surgery - once people invest in a procedure to improve their appearance they are more likely to maintain their new beautiful appearance by going to the gym, eating a healthy diet, continuing to not smoke since they stopped for the surgery already and keeping weight off.
- Women who get plastic surgery reconstruction of their breasts following breast cancer and mastectomies live longer lives than women who do not, they also feel more like a woman and are happier with their bodies
- Check your skin - plastic surgeons are on the front lines of the war against skin cancer, have your skin checked regularly and have skin cancers removed and the defects reconstructed as quickly as possible so you can get back to a long healthy happy life.