For those of you who have yet to obtain your pedometer, I’m sure you are wondering how in the world someone gets in 10,000 steps each day. Since September, I’ve had to be creative and, believe me, I’ve counted every step. Here is a day in the life of Toni, as I get my 10,000 steps!
- Woke up, clipped on my pedometer, and headed to the bathroom— 11 steps
- Walked around the house while getting ready for work— 223 steps
- Headed out to the car— 28 steps
- Walked to the babysitter’s house— 65 steps
- Walked from the back of the parking lot to my office building— 175 steps
- Took the stairs up to my floor and walked to my desk— 56 steps
- Went for a walk on my lunch break— 3823 steps
- Took the stairs down out of my office— 56 steps
- Walked across campus to a meeting— 1000 steps
- Climbed the stairs to the 4th floor to that meeting— 56 steps
- Climbed back down those stairs after the meeting— 56 steps
- Walked back across campus to my building— 1000 steps
- Climbed back up the stairs to my desk— 56 steps
- Walked back to my car in the parking lot— 175 steps
- Walked back to the babysitter’s house— 65 steps
- Walked through Wal-Mart to pick up a few items— 400 steps
- Danced with Skylar to Yo Gabba Gabba— 128 steps
- Jogged for 30 minutes using my Wii Fit— 4882 steps
- Moved through the house as I wound down my day— 330 steps
Finishing the day with 12,585 steps: PRICELESS!
Come on and join in. You want to report your steps? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.