When everyone is looking, you have your game face on. You watch what you eat, what you say, and how and when you move. But when the cameras are off, how do you continue? Like my good friend Stacy said on the first show, “I’ve gotta get my head in the game.” Well after losing 30 pounds, most would think my head is in the game and I'm on the winning team -- but I think that this is now a different game with different players. So while I continue to use my support group consisting of the other Healthy Housewives, Dr. Oz and his staff, Dr. Roizen and the many onlookers in America, I’ve come to realize since the 90-day challenge is over, I could start to fade into the background. With that said I need to get my head into this new game and realize that I can still do this; it’s a lifestyle and not a challenge. Yes, it’s great to have all these cheerleaders in my corner, but you have to love and cheer yourself on, so I wish to proclaim the following:
- I will continue to walk 10,000 steps daily even when no one is looking or asking
- I will continue to read food labels to ensure that no hidden sugars, flours or additives are in my food
- I will continue to automate meals but be creative with my dinner options so that food is still enjoyable
- I will continue to reach out for help and motivate others at all times
- I will remember that this is about waist management not weight management
- I will not be the person that I once was
And with that said -- lights, camera, ACTION! Let’s do this...Game whistle blows!