3 tbsp olive oil ( divided )
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper ( to taste )
1/2 lb ground turkey
2 cloves garlic ( minced )
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chile powder
1-2 cups diced leftover grilled veggies ( zucchini and onion )
1 cup leftover cooked quinoa
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 cup grated jack cheese
lime wedges ( optional )
Greek yogurt ( optional )
salsa ( optional )
slice d avocado ( optional )
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the peppers onto a sheet pan lined with parchment and drizzle with some of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes until tender but they should still hold their shape. Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the remaining olive oil. Add the ground turkey to the pan and season with salt and pepper, and all of the spices. Add in the garlic and cook until the turkey has browned, about 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add to a large bowl. Stir in the grilled veggies, quinoa or other grain, and beans. Taste for seasoning and divide the mixture evenly among the peppers.
5. Top with the cheese and place back into the oven for about 15 more minutes until cheese has melted and the filling is hot throughout. Place each pepper on a plate and top with your favorite toppings.
**Note: The calorie count is only for measured ingredients. All optional toppings are additional calories.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.