12 large mushrooms, cleaned and stalks removed 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped 1 medium red onion, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped 1 oz fresh parsley, chopped 2 oz breadcrumbs 4 oz Parmesan cheese 1 tsp butter (optional) or 1 tsp olive oil salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In a medium pan, saute the onions, garlic, ginger, and bell peppers in butter.
3. Add in the spring onions and half of the parsley. Set aside to cool.
4. Mix in the breadcrumbs and two ounces of Parmesan cheese. Adjust seasonings.Then scoop an equal amount of mixture into each mushroom.
5. Arrange mushrooms on a greased tray and turn the oven down to 250°F. Place the tray on the second level in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan cheese on top and return to the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.