Feel more confident and comfortable at the beach or pool with these quick tips and hacks.
Hit the beach and the pool this summer with more confidence than ever. With Dr. Oz's Swimsuit Slimdown Plan, feel your best in whatever you choose to wear — whether that's a bikini, trunks, wetsuit or regular clothes! This plan is all about tuning into your body so you can relax, be comfortable in your own skin, and enjoy the moment without worry.
Swimsuit Slimdown Tip 1: Sip Smart
Before every meal, try Dr. Oz's secret swimsuit slimdown drink of a choice: grapefruit juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix 1 cup of grapefruit juice with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Optional: If you find the drink tart, add 1 teaspoon of honey, which only adds 20 calories
The juice is loaded with vitamin C, which will help you burn fat faster, especially during exercise. In fact, a study showed that people with adequate vitamin C levels burned 30% more fat during moderate exercise than individuals low in vitamin C. Meanwhile, the acetic acid in the vinegar may switch on genes your body needs to pump out fat-burning proteins.
Swimsuit Slimdown Tip 2: Eat Fresh
For a lunch that tastes great and is packed with fat-fighting nutrients, try a salad of dandelion greens, watermelon, and parsley.
- Wash, dry, and tear 1 bunch of dandelion greens into bite-sized pieces
- Add 1 cup of cubed watermelon
- Top with finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Dressing: 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a half-teaspoon of lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper
On top of tasting great and being filled with healthy protein, dandelion greens stimulate your body's bile flow, which is vital for breaking down fats. They also act as a mild diuretic, allowing you to reduce water weight.
And the salad's watermelon is rich in the amino acid arginine, which might promote weight loss, according to a new animal study. Researchers supplemented the diets of obese mice with arginine over 3 months and found that doing so decreased their body fat gains by a whopping 64%.
The parsley will add a subtle layer of flavor to your salad, while simultaneously removing water from your body and reducing bloat.
Swimsuit Slimdown Tip 3: Don't Be Embarrassed by Cellulite
While cellulite is a completely normal part of our bodies, it still makes some of us self-conscious. So here's a quick, temporary way to not feel so embarrassed by it. Try Aminophylline cream. This cutting-edge, anti-cellulite ingredient works by temporarily shrinking fat cells so they appear less lumpy. You can find Aminophylline cream online for about $40 a bottle. Apply it twice per day to make it work all day long, whenever you need it.
Swimsuit Slimdown Tip 4: Get Moving
Before heading for the day, get your body moving with some exercise! All you need is a beach towel, 5 minutes, and two moves.
Thighs & Glutes:
- Do lunges along the length of your beach towel — 3 forward and 3 back on each leg
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with your hands on your hips
- Take a long step forward with your right foot, bending your right knee so that your thigh is parallel to the floor
- Do not bend your knee so it goes further than your foot
- Pause, then step back into the standing position
- Repeat, by stepping forward with your left foot, and so on
- Do a plank on your beach towel.
- Lie flat on your stomach and brace your core muscles
- Lift your body up onto your toes and elbows — your bum should be level with your shoulders
- Important: Squeeze your navel toward your spine to really work your core
- Hold for 30 seconds, working your way up to a minute
- Optional: You can start on your knees, and hold for less time, if you need to build up your core strength
Remember, the best way to look good in a bathing suit is to feel good! So tune in to your body with this plan and give it the fuel it needs to get outside, play in the water and enjoy time in the sun with family and friends.
For more tips to own your confidence this summer, watch the video below!