This faux noodle recipe is the perfect addition to the Pegan 365 diet. When you're craving carb-heavy pasta, you can whip up this low-cal version and get an added dose of vegetables in at the same time.
2 tbsp grape seed oil 12 oz small button mushrooms, if large, quarter them pinch of salt freshly ground pepper 1 pound zucchini and sweet potato "noodles" 2 cups shelled edamame optional: freshly chopped parsley for topping
1. In a large skillet heat the oil, toss in the mushrooms and cook on high heat until browned a bit. Don't crowd the pan. You might need to cook in batches.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
3. In the same pan - don't clean it - just add a little water to it and cook the zoodles on medium heat for a few minutes until they start softening.
4. Add to the bowl with the mushrooms.
5. Using the same pan, cook the edamame in a little water until hot. Gently toss with the mushrooms and zoodles and serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley if desired.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.