New York – (April 29, 2021) – The ten-time Emmy® Award-winning The Dr. Oz Show kicks off its first day of May sweeps with BIG celebrity interviews. Oprah Winfrey joins Dr. Oz in an emotional interview to discuss her new book "What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing". Oprah gives us an insight on never-before-heard stories from her childhood that caused trauma which she is working through in her adult years. Plus, Dog The Bounty Hunter drops a bombshell about his biological father you won't want to miss.
This May Dr. Oz is also joined by Susan Lucci, Wayne Brady, Montel Williams, and many more to bring you all-new celebrity interviews. Plus, Dr. Oz sits down with controversial sperm donor Ari Nagel where they discuss the many women he's impregnated and the role he plays in his 77 babies and counting lives.
The Dr. Oz Show will continue to be your Covid-19 Headquarters, Dr. Oz informs keeps you informed on breaking Covid-19 updates as the distribution of multiple vaccines combat a potential fourth wave. Plus, we will keep bringing you a detailed look at shocking True Crime stories every Tuesday and Thursday.
Throughout the month, Oz introduces his new digital platform OzTube and is joined by the hosts of its many featured shows, including Deepak Chopra, Brooke Burke and others.
● Oprah Winfrey: Why The Greatest Interviewer in the World Is Asking A New Question… "What Happened To You?"
● Susan Lucci: On Getting Vaccinated And Being Separated From Her 104-Year-Old Mother For A Year Due To Covid
● Dog The Bounty Hunter: A Year After Engagement, How Dog & Francie's Love Helped Confront Dog's Past Demons / Caught On Tape: Craziest Covid Crimes With Dog The Bounty Hunter
● Wayne Brady: Quarantine Coping Skills, Co-parenting After Divorce & His New Passion Project
● Devon Franklin: On How To Break Free From Unrealistic Expectations And Live Life To The Fullest
● Christie Brinkley Reveals The Health Fear She Confronted During The Pandemic
● Cesar Millan's Advice And Warning For All Those With New Pandemic Puppies
● Montel Williams On His Covid-19 Vaccine Decision And His Battle With PTSD
● State Of Emergency: Activist Tamika D. Mallory On The Fight For Criminal Justice Reform & How We Can All Do Our Part
● Destiny's Child Singer Michelle Williams Speaks Out About Depression And Her Battle To Break The Stigma Around Mental Illness
COVID-19 Headquarters - Updates on Covid News Throughout the Month
● Dr. Oz will bring viewers breaking news on Covid-19 as it happens, including interviews with those fighting to end the pandemic for good, as well as crucial vaccine updates and tips on staying safe.
● Covid-19 Headquarters: How To Spot Counterfeit Masks & Phony Sanitizer
● Deepak Chopra, exercising with Brooke Burke, and cooking with a variety of chefs.
● Deepak Chopra's Guide To Easing Your Post-Pandemic Anxiety
● Your Favorite Mexican Meals Minus The Meat
● Oztube's Scam Fighting Duo Investigates Online Refund Scams Claiming To Give You Free Money
● Brooke Burke's Survival Guide To Intermittent Fasting
True Crime - Tuesday and Thursday
● True Crime: Fakers: Crimes And Chaos From Unbelievable Hoaxes
● True Crime: Daughter Says Parents Ran A Horrifically Abusive Boarding School For Girls
● True Crime: Monkeys, Tigers And Bears As Pets? Inside America's Illegal Animal Trade
● Murder In The House Of Gucci: Inside The Shooting That Shook The Family Behind The Brand
● True Crime Heroes: Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things To Save Others
● Signs Your Loved Ones Are Secretly Stealing Your Money Without You Knowing!
● True Crime: Actor Tom Arnold: How My Sister Became The "Queen Of Meth" Drug Lord
● True Crime: Andrea Yates: 20 Years After Drowning Her 5 Kids In A Bathtub "To Save Their Souls"
May Sweeps Kick Off Week Shows:
THURSDAY, APRIL 30, 2021
"OPRAH WINFREY: WHY THE GREATEST INTERVIEWER IN THE WORLD IS ASKING A NEW QUESTION…WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"
The incomparable icon opens up about a buried childhood trauma and the lightbulb moment that changed her life. Plus, Deepak Chopra's guide to ease your post-pandemic anxiety.
FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2021
"THE SUPERSTAR MONEY SUMMIT: THE 30-DAY DEBT DIET"
Insider tricks to cut spending and slash your debt fast. And, the millionaire's secret to trimming your monthly bills without giving up a thing. Plus, Susan Lucci on getting vaccinated and being separated from her 104-year-old mother for a year.
MONDAY, MAY 3, 2021
"DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER: A YEAR ABOUT ENGAGEMENT, HOW DOG AND FRANCINE'S LOVE HELPED CONFRONT DOG'S PAST DEMONS
Dog opens up for the first time about the abuse he endured as a child and the shocking truth about his father he never saw coming. Plus, microwave hacks to stretch your meals and time.
TUESDAY, MAY 4, 2021
"SPERM FOR EVERYONE: MEET THE CONTROVERSIAL DONOR GIVING IT AWAY – 77 BABIES AND COUNTING!"
The headline-making serial donor reveals why he does it for free for women all around the world, but is it legal or ethical? Plus, recipients open up about why they chose to get pregnant by him.WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2020
WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2021
"THE COMMON SENSE GUIDE TO LIFE AFTER THE VACCINE"
We break down the new CDC guidelines about wearing masks and resuming everyday activities after your shots. Plus, what can you do with your kids who aren't vaccinated yet? And, Wayne Brady on quarantine coping skills and co-parenting after divorce. Then, The Dish at Home has sweet treats for Mother's Day.
THURSDAY, MAY 6, 2021
"TRUE CRIME: FAKERS: CRIMES AND CHAOS FROM UNBELIEVABLE HOAXES"
From people lying about cancer to Covid-related fraud, scammers are everywhere preying on the unsuspecting. What to look out for so you don't fall victim. Plus, how one woman used TikTok to expose her parents who she said ran an abusive girls boarding school.
FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2021
"BUSTED! DUMBEST AND CLUMSIEST ROBBERS CAUGHT ON TAPE!"
From a bank robber who trips multiple times to a thief stealing a bike in front of a police station, hilarious videos of inept criminals in action. Plus, Christie Brinkley reveals the health fear she confronted during the pandemic.
Catch all of this and more happening this May on The. Dr. Oz Show!
About The Dr. Oz Show
Currently, in its twelfth season, the ten-time Daytime Emmy® Award-winning syndicated daily series The Dr. Oz Show is hosted by Dr. Mehmet Oz, accredited health expert, best-selling author, and world-renowned cardiac surgeon. The Dr. Oz Show is an informative hour that offers audiences the opportunity to learn about a wide range of health and wellness topics. Tackling the balance of mind, body, and spirit, Dr. Oz calls on specialists from a variety of disciplines for expert advice on how viewers can be their best selves.
Dr. Oz served as health expert on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2004 to 2009. Sharing advice with viewers to help them live their best life from the inside out. Dr. Oz has co-authored eight New York Times Best Sellers, including "Food Can Fix It," "YOU: The Owner's Manual," as well as the award-winning "Healing from the Heart." He has a regular column in O, The Oprah Magazine.
Dr. Oz is an Attending Physician at NY Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center and performs dozens of heart operations annually. His research interests include heart replacement surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, complementary medicine and health care policy. He has authored over 400 original publications, book chapters, and medical books and has received several patents.
Cleared in over 95% of the country, The Dr. Oz Show is produced by Zoco Productions and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. The Dr. Oz Show is executive produced by Amy Chiaro and co-executive produced by Stacy Rader and Laurie Rich.