This Mexican dish incorporates fresh ingredients and zesty flavors for a spicy and delicious way to start (or end) your day!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 4 eggs
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet and saute garlic, onion and green pepper for 5 minutes. Add hot pepper (if using) and cook another minute.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except for eggs) and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes until tomato softens.
3. Break eggs into pan in 4 places. Continue to cook until bottom of egg is set and white is almost cooked, approximately 8 minutes.
4. Cover and cook briefly until white is firm and yolk lightly cooked. Transfer all to serving plate.