NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AGE 18 AND OLDER WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO A NURSING PROGRAM ACCREDITED BY THE ACCREDITATION COMMISSION FOR EDUCATION IN NURSING (ACEN) AND/OR THE COMMISSION ON COLLEGIATE NURSING EDUCATION (CCNE). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Future of Nursing Essay Contest, presented by USANA and The Dr. Oz Show (“Promotion”) is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who at time of entry are at least 18 years of age and have been accepted into a nursing program in the United States accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and/or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Employees, officers and directors of USANA Health Sciences, Inc. (“Sponsor”), ZoCo Productions, LLC (“ZoCo”), Sharecare, Inc. (“Sharecare”), Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. (“Sony”), and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Individuals entering the Promotion (each an “Entrant”) warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsor.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 9AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 2, 2018 and ends at 9PM ET on November 15, 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
3. TO ENTER: Each Entrant must go to https://www.doctoroz.com/future-nursing-essay-contest to submit an essay (up to 400 words) explaining why they are inspired to be a nurse and what nursing means to them, as well as a video (up to five minutes in length) and a photo of themselves. The Future of Nursing Essay Contest, Presented by The Dr. Oz Show and USANA (collectively, the "Entry") Limit one (1) Entry per household/person/email address. Internet access required to enter the Promotion.
4. JUDGING PROCESS AND WINNER SELECTION: Three (3) Semi-Finalists (each a “Semi-Finalist”) will be selected by The Dr. Oz Show in consultation with Sponsor. Semi-Finalists may appear on two (2) or more episodes of “The Dr. Oz Show”. Following the initial announcement and appearance of the Semi-Finalists, a panel chosen by the show will select the Winner. Entries will be judged on originality, composition and overall impact. All components of Entries must be the original creation of the entrant. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third-party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as an original creation. Entries must not have been previously released, distributed, licensed or made publicly available, submitted in any other contest or promotion, in whole or in part, or have won any other award. Entries must not: (i) incorporate, violate or infringe upon any third-party or personal rights, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or privacy, property or publicity rights of any other person or entity; (ii) violate any law or be inappropriate, indecent harmful, discriminatory, defamatory or obscene; or (iii) be unsuitable to be entered into this Promotion for any reason whatsoever and/or communicate messages or images or content inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor and Promotion Entities wish to associate. By entering this Promotion, each entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns all right, title and interest in the Entry and has the authority to grant to Sponsor and other Promotion Entities the rights provided in these Official Rules. By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges that Sponsor is not required to treat the Entry as the confidential or proprietary work of the entrant. Entrants agree that the Sponsor and other Promotion Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries. Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled or misdirected Entries – all of which will be disqualified.
The Winner must be able to appear on “The Dr. Oz Show” for the judging process, and for each required appearance, the Winner will receive round-trip coach class airfare or rail transportation for each appearance from a major airport or rail station near the Winner’s principal place of residence to and from New York, NY; transportation from the airport/rail station to and from the hotel; and standard hotel accommodations (single room, double occupancy room and tax only) (“Travel Expenses”). The Winner must be willing to travel on dates and by transportation method(s) specified by Sponsor. Expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner.
5. PRIZE: The Winner will be awarded Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00 US) towards the tuition of nursing school of their choice, plus Travel Expenses (collectively, the “Prize”). Total ARV of Prize is $15,000.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Winner will be notified of their selection by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a Winner, failure by Winner to reply to the Winner’s notice by the date specified by Sponsor, or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable will result in the Prize being forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries according to the Winner selection process for the Promotion. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Prize description above, including but not limited to, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winner and any travel companions will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in the notification letter or an alternate Winner will be selected. If a Winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in their state of residence, Prize will either be awarded in the name of Winner’s parent or legal guardian, and Winner’s parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of Winner. Winner's guests, or a parent/legal guardian if Winner is not the legal age of majority at the time of entry, must complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of a Prize. The Prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash or credit. The Prize may not be substituted, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to Prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case an alternate Prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
7. TAXES: Taxes on the Prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner.
8. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS: By participating, Entrants agree: (a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Promotion; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of Prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and (c) to permit Sponsor to use his or her Entry, name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and on its websites in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request.
9. INDEMNITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) any human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; (ii) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, or server malfunction which may occur in the processing of Entries; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) late, lost, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Entries or postage-due mail; or (v) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
10. OTHER ERRORS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. Sponsor may proceed in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant only at the authorized website address of the Promotion. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any selected Winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN THE STATE OF THE SPONSOR AS LISTED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED ARE HEREBY WAIVED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules, with jurisdiction and venue in County of State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules and all claims must be resolved in the courts of County of State of Sponsor as listed in these Official Rules.
12. DATA PRIVACY: Personal information collected from Entrants during the Promotion is subject to Sponsor's privacy statement available at https://www.usana.com/dotCom/about/terms, and except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, will be treated in accordance with the terms of that statement. Information collected from entrants in connection with this Promotion will be used by Sponsor for purposes of administration of the Promotion and the fulfillment and verification of Prize awards or for other purposes if an entrant provides an opt-in or other consent (e.g., for email subscription). In addition, Sponsor may engage certain third-party companies to perform services in connection with the administration of this Promotion and information provided by entrants may be collected and used by those third parties for purposes of administration of the Promotion and the fulfillment and verification of Prize awards.
13. WINNER LIST: To view a list of Winners, go to https://www.doctoroz.com/Dr_Oz_Winners_List.
14. SPONSOR: USANA Health Sciences, Inc., 3838 W Parkway Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT 84120
Abbreviated Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access required. Promotion is open until 9PM ET on November 15, 2018. Open to all legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and who have been accepted into a United States ACEN or CCNE accredited nursing program. Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Void where prohibited. ARV of Prize is $15,000. Additional rules and restrictions apply. See Official Rules at https://www.doctoroz.com/future-nursing-essay-contest-official-rules. SPONSOR: USANA Health Sciences, Inc., 3838 W Parkway Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT 84120.