Find out how much is too much when it comes to vitamins.
Vitamins are an essential part of our diet. We get them mostly through fruits and vegetables and they help with a wide variety of essential body functions. Unfortunately, some vitamins can be toxic at very high doses. While this is rarely a problem with food, supplements can sometimes push you into the red zone. Find out where to draw the line on the vitamins you take.
Vitamin K deficiency is uncommon, but can occur in individuals who have specific illnesses. As a result, vitamin K supplements are not commonly needed or taken without a prescription. Overdoses can lead to anemia and jaundice and can block the effect of some blood thinners. Vitamin K1 is the kind found in most supplements and is not toxic. Vitamin K3 can be toxic and is not sold in the U.S.