6 Ways Your Home Could Be Making You Sick

Find out the things in your home that could be affecting your family’s health.

6 Ways Your Home Could Be Making You Sick

By Toni Gasparis

Many places in the home can have toxins without you knowing. Become an educated consumer and homeowner by understanding when your home may be putting you and your family’s health at risk.


Watch: Is Your Home’s Flooring a Health Hazard?

Painted Walls

Any house that was built before the 1970s has lead paint in it. Lead is a highly toxic chemical that can affect your brain. Windows with lead paint are particularly dangerous because the constant opening and closing makes lead particles break off and fly up into the air and into your lungs. But simply painting new over the old paint doesn’t get rid of the lead. If your home predates the 1970s, call in a professional to test your walls for lead and remove the paint promptly if necessary.

Watch: Your Home’s Toxic Zones — Lead Paint

Are We at the End of the Pandemic? The CDC Director Weighs In

Dr. Oz talks to Dr. Rochelle Walensky about what the future of the pandemic looks like.

With COVID-19 vaccinations on the rise and outdoor masks coming off, Dr. Oz talks to Dr. Rochelle Walensky about what the future of the pandemic looks like.