OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AGE 18 AND OLDER WHO SELF-IDENTIFY AS BLACK OR AFRICAN AMERICAN AND ARE ENROLLED IN AN ACCREDITED FOUR YEAR UNDERGRADUATE UNIVERSITY OR MEDICAL SCHOOL PROGRAM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Healthcorps Diversity In Medicine Extended Scholarship Contest (“Extended Contest”), presented by Healthcorps, Inc. and The Dr. Oz Show, is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who at time of entry are at least 18 years of age (or the age of the majority in the entrant’s jurisdictions of permanent residence, whichever is older), self-identify as African American or Black, and have been accepted into an accredited four (4) year undergraduate university or medical school program in the United States; exhibits a commitment to service and a desire to help underrepresented communities and tackle health inequities; and exemplifies a dedication to pursue a career in the field of medicine despite adversities. Entrants who have not been accepted into a medical school program must intend to, or be in the process of, completing college level pre-med coursework. Employees, officers, directors, and professional advisors of Healthcorps, Inc. (“Sponsor”), ZoCo Productions, LLC (“ZoCo”), Sharecare, Inc. (“Sharecare”), Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. (“Sony”), and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, “Contest Entities”), donors of Sponsor, members of the Panel (defined below), and the family members (spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals or the employees or professional advisors of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Individuals entering the Extended Contest (each an “Entrant”) warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsor.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Extended Contest begins at 9AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 9, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM ET on December 9, 2020 (“Extended Contest Period”). The Winner will be announced on the show on or before December 31, 2020.
3. TO ENTER: Prior entrants from the October 2020 Diversity in Medicine Scholarship Contest are automatically eligible and enrolled in the Extended Contest and need not resubmit a new Entry (as described below). New entrants must go to https://www.doctoroz.com/page/diversity-medicine-scholarship-contest to submit an essay of up to 400 words explaining why they are inspired to become a doctor and pursue a degree in the field of medicine despite adversities, and how they intend to use their medical knowledge and degree to help under represented communities and tackle health inequities, as well as a photo of themselves (each an “Entry” and collectively, the "Entries"). Entrants must submit only one (1) Entry. An Entrant who submits multiple Entries will be disqualified. Internet access required to enter the Contest.
All components of each Entry must be the original creation of the entrant. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third-party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as an original creation. Entries must not have been previously released, distributed, licensed or made publicly available, submitted in any other contest or promotion, in whole or in part, or have won any other award. Entries must not: (i) incorporate, violate or infringe upon the rights of any third-party, including without limitation copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or privacy, property or publicity rights of any other person or entity; (ii) violate any law or be inappropriate, indecent, harmful, discriminatory, defamatory or obscene; or (iii) be unsuitable to be entered into this Extended Contest for any reason whatsoever and/or communicate messages or images or content inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor and Contest Entities wish to associate. By entering this Extended Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that he or she owns all right, title and interest in the Entry and has the authority to grant to Sponsor and other Contest Entities the rights provided in these Official Rules. By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges that Sponsor is not required to treat the Entry as the confidential or proprietary work of the entrant and grants to the Content Entities a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully sublicenseable right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, modify, create derivative works of, transmit, and otherwise use the Entry for any purpose. Entrants agree that the Sponsor and other Contest Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries. Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled or misdirected Entries – all of which will be disqualified.
4. JUDGING PROCESS AND WINNER SELECTION: One winner (the “Winner”) will be selected by a panel of five (5) disinterested judges chosen by Sponsor (the “Panel”). The Winner may be required to appear on one (1) or more episodes of “The Dr. Oz Show”. Entries will be judged on originality, composition and overall impact, including why they want to become a doctor and pursue a career in the field of medicine despite adversities, and how they intend to use their medical knowledge and degree to help under represented communities and tackle health inequities.
The Winner must be able to appear on “The Dr. Oz Show”, either by Zoom or in-person. If the required appearance is in-person, the Winner will receive round-trip coach class airfare or rail transportation for each appearance from a major airport or rail station near the Winner’s principal place of residence to and from New York, NY; transportation from the airport/rail station to and from the hotel; and standard hotel accommodations (a single double occupancy room and associated tax only) (“Travel Expenses”). The Winner must be willing to travel on dates and by transportation method(s) specified by Sponsor. Expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner.
5. PRIZE: The Winner will be awarded Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00 US) toward their tuition costs and expenses, plus up to Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00 US) in travel expenses (if any) (collectively, the “Prize”). Total ARV of Prize is up to Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000.00 US), depending upon Travel Expenses. The $10,000 for tuition costs and expenses will be paid directly to the Winner’s university or medical school.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Winner will be notified of their selection by email to the email address provided in their Entry. Inability to contact a Winner, failure by Winner to reply to the Winner’s notice by the date specified by Sponsor, or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable will result in the Prize being forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries according to the Winner selection process for the Extended Contest. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Prize description above, including but not limited to, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are solely the responsibility of the Winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winner and any travel companions will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in the notification email or an alternate Winner will be selected. Winner's guest(s) must complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of a Prize. The Prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash or credit. The Prize may not be substituted, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to Prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case an alternate Prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
7. TAXES: Taxes (if any) on the Prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner.
8. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS: By submitting an Entry, Entrant agree: (a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Extended Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Extended Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of Prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and (c) to permit the Contest Entities to use the Entry and Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and on their websites in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute a specific consent to such use upon request.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) any human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; (ii) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, or server malfunction which may occur in the processing of Entries; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) late, lost, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Entries or postage-due mail; or (v) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Contest Entites that may cause the Extended Contest to be disrupted or corrupted.
10. OTHER ERRORS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Extended Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Extended Contest. Sponsor may proceed in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Entry must be submitted by the Entrant only at the authorized website address of the Extended Contest. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any selected winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED ARE HEREBY WAIVED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Extended Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. DATA PRIVACY: Personal information collected from Entrants during the Extended Contest is subject to Sponsor's privacy statement available at https://www.healthcorps.org/privacy-policy/, and except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, will be treated in accordance with the terms of that statement. Information collected from Entrants in connection with this Extended Contest will be used by Sponsor for purposes of administration of the Extended Contest and the fulfillment and verification of Prize awards or for other purposes if an Entrant provides an opt-in or other consent (e.g., for email subscription). In addition, Sponsor may engage certain third-party companies to perform services in connection with the administration of this Extended Contest and information provided by Entrants may be collected and used by those third parties for purposes of administration of the Extended Contest and the fulfillment and verification of the Prize award.
13. WINNER LIST: To view a list of Winners, go to https://www.doctoroz.com/Dr_Oz_Winners_List.
14. SPONSOR: Healthcorps, Inc., 75 Broad Street, Suite 2505, New York, NY 10004.
Abbreviated Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access required. Extended Contest is open until 11:59PM ET on December 9, 2020. Open to all legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and who have been accepted into an accredited four (4) year university or medical school program in the United States and self-identify as African American or Black. Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Void where prohibited. ARV of Prize is approximately $15,000.00 (depending upon Travel Expenses). Additional rules and restrictions apply. See Official Rules at https://www.doctoroz.com/page/diversity-medicine-extended-scholarship-contest-official-rules. SPONSOR: Healthcorps, Inc., 75 Broad Street, Suite 2505, New York, NY 10004.