A two-day House of Horrors Turpin family investigation. Exclusive: The secret past of Louise Turpin exposed and the scandalous secret of Louise and David’s relationship revealed. All month long Dr. Oz investigates scammers preying on consumers. Plus, new sit-downs and exclusive updates with The Real Housewives of New York’s Luann De Lesseps, Octomom, Tyra Banks and more!
New York – (April 26, 2018) – Eight-time Emmy® award-winning, The Dr. Oz Show is debuting its new ‘Dirty Investigations,’ series all month long. Two all-new two-day Oz events kick off our first week of sweeps in our iconic True Crime and Oz Investigations. A House of Horrors two-day event brings you the exclusive update you’ve been waiting for from the Turpin family and its alarming similarities to the Hart family tragedy in our True Crime series. Plus, the apple cider vinegar investigation you’ve been waiting for – is the apple cider vinegar you’ve been buying real and Dr. Oz’s 7-day kickstart cleanse.
Catch all of this and more happening this May on The Dr. Oz Show!
This May, Dr. Oz gets dirty with big investigations into dirty tricks and ways you are being preyed on as a consumer, online, at the supermarket, and in your own home.
- Dirty Tricks: Whistleblowers Reveal Dark Secrets About Your Coffee with The Bachelorette’s Kaitlyn Bristowe [May 10]
- Dirty Hand-Dryers: Are They Germ Breeding Machines? [May 4]
- Dirty Doctors: Doctors Caught Talking About You Behind Your Back [May 15]
- Dirty Fro Yo: Beware Before You Fill Your Cup or Cone [April 30]
- Dirty Psychics: Could You Be Conned By a Fake Psychic? [May 7]
- Dirty Tea: The Truth About Matcha and The New Skinny Teas [May 14]
- Dirty Cons: The Man Who Tricks Women Into Turning Over Their House! [May 21]
- Dr. Oz Undercover: Dirty Medical Spas: These Women Became Permanently Disfigured From Fake Doctors [May 23]
“THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PROJECT”
A Dr. Oz Show two-part Series tackles our viewer’s favorite subject – “What can apple cider vinegar do for me?”
- Dr. Oz Investigates: Is the Apple Cider Vinegar You’re Buying Real? New correspondent Mara Schiavocampo investigates [April 30]
- The Apple Cider Vinegar Project: The 7-Day Kickstart Cleanse [May 1]
ALL NEW FOOD INVESTIGATIONS
- Oz Investigates: What’s Really In Your Fast Food Fish Sandwich [May 3]
- Oz Investigates: Is It Time To Eat Red Meat Again? [May 7]
- Oz Investigates: Is There A Better Butter? [May 14]
- Oz Investigates: Are All Turkey Products Healthy? [May 21]
TRUE CRIME EXCLUSIVE EVENTS
The Alarming Link Between the Two House of Horror Tragedies
The Dr. Oz Show examines the stunning similarities between the story of the Hart family that drove off the cliff and the Turpin children’s abuse – from dressing the children alike to isolating them with homeschooling to using food as punishment. What red flags were there and missed? How many others could be out there? [April 27]
HOUSE OF HORROR TWO-DAY EVENT
Dr. Oz and his investigative team traveled exclusively to West Virginia to find out the hidden secrets of this family and visit the place where it all started.
- House of Horrors Exclusive: The Secret Past of Louise Turpin (with Melissa Moore) [May 1]
- House of Horrors Exclusive: The Scandalous Secret Relationship of Louise & David Turpin Exposed [May 2]
TRUE CRIME THURSDAY: COULD THIS HAPPEN TO YOU?
- The Lottery Curse [April 26]
- I Caught My Husband Using Prescription Pills to Rape Me (w/ Melissa Moore & Laura Pettler) [May 16]
- Violent Home Invasions Caught on Tape: Could You Survive? [May 17]
- Luann De Lesseps – The Real Housewives of New York star tells all on her alcoholism and sobriety. [May 9]
- Tyra Banks – Discusses her beauty and anti-aging secrets and “fierce-ness” passed down in her family. Special appearance by her mother. [May 11]
- Octomom – EXCLUSIVE Natalie Suleman speaks to Dr. Oz about her decisions, regrets, and managing 14 children alone. She takes us inside her home – what does her life look like today? [May 3]
- Meredith Vieira – Appearing alongside her husband Richard, they discuss a new medical breakthrough stem cell therapy changing their lives. [May 4]
- Kaylee Muthart’s first exclusive – Meet the young woman who gouged her own eyes out while high on crystal meth. What she says possessed her to do it and why she thinks life is better without eyes. [May 10]
- Jerry Mathers – The Leave It To Beaver star reveals how he lost 50 pounds and reversed his diabetes. [May 23]
THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2018
“EVIL PARENTS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS: THE ALARMING LINK BETWEEN THE TWO HOUSE OF HORROR TRAGEDIES”
Two families, two tragedies. We take a closer look at the alarming similarities between two house of horror stories. The Turpin family with 13 children and the Hart family with six adopted children. They were homeschooled, dressed alike, starved as a form of punishment, and hidden from the outside world. Were the warning signs staring us all in the face? We investigate.
FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2018
“DR. OZ INVESTIGATES: IS THE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR YOU’RE BUYING REAL?”
Apple cider vinegar has created a booming market. Are supermarket shelves being stocked with products that are counterfeit? The results of our investigation. Plus, could frozen yogurt machines make you sick? The hidden danger.
TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2018
“TRUE CRIME TUESDAY: HOUSE OF HORRORS EXCLUSIVE: THE SECRET PAST OF LOUISE TURPIN”
In a two-day television event, Louise and David Turpin starved and chained up their 13 children in a house of horror. Now, our cameras go back to the town where the Turpins grew up to uncover all the family secrets that have been buried until now. Plus, our new apple cider vinegar seven-day kick-start cleanse to help you lose weight and have more energy.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2018
“TRUE CRIME: NEW DETAILS IN THE CASEY ANTHONY CASE: A FRIEND FROM PRISON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT WHAT CASEY TOLD HER”
It’s been seven years since Casey Anthony was acquitted of killing her daughter Caylee. Today, new details that could have gotten a conviction and never-before-heard details from an insider who knew Casey in prison. Plus, part two of our House of Horrors exclusive. The secret relationship between Louise and David Turpin. We go back to where it all started.
THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2018
“DR. OZ INVESTIGATES: WHAT’S REALLY IN YOUR FAST-FOOD FISH SANDWICH”
We’re investigating fast-food fish sandwiches. You think you’re making the healthier choice but what’s really inside your favorite fish sandwich? Plus, what happened to Octomom? She gave birth to eight babies nearly a decade ago. She’s here to reveal the shocking truth behind the salacious headlines.
FRIDAY, MAY 4, 2018
“DIRTY HAND DRYERS: ARE THEY GERM-BREEDING MACHINES?”
Hand dryers have been accused of leaving your hands dirtier than before washing them and spreading harmful bacteria but is the concern overblown? We investigate. Plus, Meredith Vieira is here with cutting-edge medicine, bringing hope to those with cancer, autoimmune diseases, and neurological disorders.
About The Dr. Oz Show
Currently in its ninth season, the eight-time Daytime Emmy® award-winning syndicated daily series The Dr. Oz Show is hosted by Dr. Mehmet Oz, accredited health expert, best-selling author, and world-renowned cardiac surgeon. The Dr. Oz Show is an informative hour that offers audiences the opportunity to learn about a wide range of health and wellness topics. Tackling the balance of mind, body, and spirit, Dr. Oz calls on specialists from a variety of disciplines for expert advice on how viewers can be their best selves. Dr. Oz served as health expert on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2004 to 2009; sharing advice with viewers to help them live their best life from the inside out. Dr. Oz has co-authored seven New York Times Best Sellers including "Food Can Fix It," "YOU: The Owner's Manual" as well as the award-winning "Healing from the Heart". He has a regular column in O, The Oprah Magazine. Dr. Oz is a professor of Surgery at Columbia University. He directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital and performs 50 heart operations annually. His research interests include heart replacement surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, complementary medicine and health care policy. He has authored over 400 original publications, book chapters, and medical books and has received several patents.
Cleared in over 99 percent of the country, The Dr. Oz Show is produced by Zoco Productions and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. The Dr. Oz Show is executive produced by Amy Chiaro and co-executive produced by Stacy Rader and Laurie Rich.