'The Dr. Oz Show' Sweeps Into November With All New Celebrity Interviews & the Shocking True Crime Updates You Don’t Want to Miss
Michael Strahan opens up about losing his dad plus, new details on the NXIVM cult leader Keith Raniere’s sentencing.
New York – (October 29, 2020) – The ten-time Emmy® Award-winning The Dr. Oz Show is sweeping into November with all-new interviews, COVID updates, and breaking news in True Crime. We kick off the month with a powerful interview with Michael Strahan. He opens up about how he is coping after the loss of his father and speaks out about his experiences with racial injustice. Plus, NXIVM cult survivor India Oxenberg comes forward to reveal details on the horrific treatment she says they were subjected to while under the control of sex slave leader Keith Raniere.
In all-new celebrity interviews, Vanessa Williams calls in to discuss her COVID diagnosis and one thing she struggled to accept about herself for years. Also, Jon Gosselin sits down exclusively with Dr. Oz to address the allegations that he abused and restrained his son Collin. Plus, Dog The Bounty Hunter gives us an exclusive inside look at his newly engaged life. With the help of his new fiancée, Dog's physical and spiritual health have been transformed. But there's still one thing he’s keeping from her.
On True Crime Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will be bringing you groundbreaking updates to current and classic iconic crimes – why Chris Watts murdered his daughters, Scott Peterson’s overturned sentence, inside Joe Exotic’s inner circle, what Jefferey Epstein told his former inmates about his criminal wrongdoings and more!
Additionally, The Dish At Home crew Daphne Oz, Gail Simmons, and Jamika Pessoa have you covered for the holidays. They’re bringing you classic fall recipes and easy last-minute holiday meals that will save the day! The Dish at Home will continue to bring brand new recipes, hot topics, and food trends every Wednesday on The Dr. Oz Show.
● Michael Strahan On Losing His Dad, Racial Injustice and Bias in Healthcare
● Vanessa Williams Opens Up About Her COVID Diagnosis
● D.L. Hughley on His Hopes and Fears for Election Day
● Exclusive Dog Diaries: Never Before Seen Look Inside Dog the Bounty Hunter’s Newly Engaged Life
● Oz Exclusive: Jon Gosselin Comes Clean on Allegations He Abused and Restrained His Son Collin
● Marie Osmond On Her Family’s Health Struggles & How They Are Staying Connected During COVID
● Bethenny Frankel Opens Up About Face Mask Scams and Solves the Biggest Quarantine Drama Ruining Your Friendships
● Olivia Newton-John on Life During COVID, Facing Cancer a Third Time and Her Real Passion Project
● Robin Williams’ Son Zak Speaks Out About Coping with His Father’s Death
● Escaping NXIVM: Sex Slave Ringleader Faces Sentencing
● Escaping NXIVM: Inside the Deprogramming Therapy for Cult Members Who Escape and Need Help
● Escaping NXIVM - India Oxenberg Speaks Out About the Abuse and Horrors She Endured Inside the Cult
● American Murder: The Family Next Door: Why Chris Watts Murdered His Wife And Two Young Daughters
● My Con Man Fiance Surgeon Has Been Hit With Assault Charges For Dangerous Surgeries
● Action Park: The World’s Most Dangerous Amusement Park Exposed!
● Inside Epstein’s Web: What He Told His Fellow Inmates About his Criminal Wrongdoings
● Tiger King Bombshell: Inside Joe Exotic's Inner Circle, Could New Info Help Get Him Acquitted?
● Could Scott Peterson’s Murder Conviction be Tossed? The Juror at Center of Shocking Controversy Speaks Out, and His Mistress Amber Frey on Why He Should Stay in Prison
● Doomsday Cult Mom: Disturbing New Details Behind that Chilling Smile
● True Crime: Mom Searches for Daughter She Gave Up for Adoption, Instead She Found Her Killer
● Dr. Oz Goes into The Sewer to Find Out Where the Next COVID Hotspot May Be
● 5 Things You Should Never Microwave And 1 Thing You Always Should
● The Free Britney Movement: Why the Case of Britney Spears Is So Complex
● New Home Testing Kits: Everything You Need to Know
● The Quiz to Find Out If 2020 Is Causing You Low Grade Depression
● Why You Should Drink Coffee After Breakfast
● Fast Food Bacon Boom
● Ripped from the Headlines: Death by Candy
● How Many Cups Of Green Tea And Coffee Should You Drink To Lower Your Diabetes Risk?
● Oz Investigates Boxed Pantry Dinners - What You Need to Know About Your Go-to Easy Dinners
● Frozen Breakfast Investigation: To Microwave or Not to Microwave?
The Dish on Oz from Home with Daphne Oz, Jamika Pessoa, Gail Simmons
● The Ultimate Italian Comfort Food Cheat: Frozen Meatballs
● Step into The Comfort Zone with These Classic Fall Recipes
● Thanksgiving Edition: The Early Bird’s Guide to This Year’s Thanksgiving
● The Timeline for Tardy Turkeys: How to Pull Off a Last-Minute Holiday
Your COVID Defense Plan
● What’s Your Immunity IQ: The Quiz to Find Out What You Can Do to Protect Your Health
● The 5-Day Plan to Build Up Your Immunity
● How Safe Are the Places You Go Most?
● How to Prep Your Home for the Holidays
● How to DIY Your Health and Beauty During COVID
● Managing COVID Anxiety
● Quick Meditation Tips to Survive Anxiety Over the Holidays
November Sweeps Kick Off Week Shows:
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2020
SHOW #12-036 “MICHAEL STRAHAN ON LOSING HIS DAD, RACIAL INJUSTICE AND BIAS IN HEALTHCARE”
The morning news host opens up about the loss of his father during the pandemic and the life lessons he learned from him. And, he shares his personal experiences with racial bias. Plus, Dr. Oz goes on location in the sewer to find out where the next COVID hotspot may be. Then, former NXIVM sex cult members reveal how they were deprogrammed after escaping.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2020
“ESCAPING NXIVM: INDIA OXENBERG SPEAKS OUT ABOUT THE ABUSE AND HORRORS SHE ENDURED INSIDE THE CULT”
Daughter of actress Catherine Oxenberg finally opens up about being lured into the sex cult, enslaved and branded. And, her mom shares her desperate journey to free her. Plus, the quiz to find out how strong your immunity is. Then, Vanessa Williams opens up about her COVID diagnosis.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 02, 2020
“THE FAST-FOOD BACON BOOM”
From tacos to burgers, bacon is being added to some of your favorite meals but what is it costing you in terms of value and nutrition? We investigate. And, it’s our first-ever Battle of the Bacons! Plus, D.L. Hughley gets real about his hopes and fears for Election Day. Then, our 5-Day COVID Defense Plan kicks off with the food prescription to build up your immunity.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 03, 2020
“TRUE CRIME: AMERICAN MURDER: THE FAMILY NEXT DOOR: WHY CHRIS WATTS MURDERED HIS WIFE AND TWO YOUNG DAUGHTERS”
New revelations about the twisted motives of the father who savagely murdered his family. And, his shocking personal videos and texts that shed new light on the case. Plus, the 5-Day COVID Defense Plan of daily vitamins you need to build up your immunity.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2020
“5 THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER MICROWAVE AND 1 THING YOU ALWAYS SHOULD”
The surprising everyday foods you should never nuke and one that tastes even better when you do. And, can you really sanitize your face masks by nuking it? Plus, the COVID Defense Plan workout to strengthen your immunity. Then, The Dish at Home’s ultimate Italian comfort food cheat: frozen meatballs.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 05, 2020
“THE MOST INFAMOUS CELEBRITY DEATHS RE-EXAMINED: COULD TUPAC HAVE BEEN SAVED WITH MODERN MEDICINE?”
We investigate the injuries that proved fatal for the rap legend and if current advances could have saved his life. And, the journalist who has a rare copy of his autopsy and coroner’s report. Plus, the world’s most dangerous and deadly amusement park. Then, our COVID Defense Plan tackles sleep to build up your immunity.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 06, 2020
“THE FREE BRITNEY MOVEMENT: WHY THE CASE OF BRITNEY SPEARS IS SO COMPLEX”
The latest battle in the singer’s conservatorship – how her finances and life are being managed by her father. And, her former makeup artist and friend opens up about what she’s like behind the scenes. Plus, our COVID Defense Plan’s ultimate shopping list of foods to build up your immunity. Then, what you need to know about the new COVID home-testing kits.
Catch all of this and more happening this November on The Dr. Oz Show!
About The Dr. Oz Show
Currently in its twelfth season, the ten-time Daytime Emmy® Award-winning syndicated daily series The Dr. Oz Show is hosted by Dr. Mehmet Oz, accredited health expert, best-selling author, and world-renowned cardiac surgeon. The Dr. Oz Show is an informative hour that offers audiences the opportunity to learn about a wide range of health and wellness topics. Tackling the balance of mind, body, and spirit, Dr. Oz calls on specialists from a variety of disciplines for expert advice on how viewers can be their best selves.
Dr. Oz served as health expert on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2004 to 2009. Sharing advice with viewers to help them live their best life from the inside out. Dr. Oz has co-authored eight New York Times Best Sellers, including “Food Can Fix It,” “YOU: The Owner's Manual,” as well as the award-winning “Healing from the Heart.” He has a regular column in O, The Oprah Magazine.
Dr. Oz is an Attending Physician at NY Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center and performs dozens of heart operations annually. His research interests include heart replacement surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, complementary medicine and health care policy. He has authored over 400 original publications, book chapters, and medical books and has received several patents.
Cleared in over 95% of the country, The Dr. Oz Show is produced by Zoco Productions and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. The Dr. Oz Show is executive produced by Amy Chiaro and co-executive produced by Stacy Rader and Laurie Rich.