Hungry Girl's Slow-Cookin' Mexican Beef
A typical shredded Mexican beef dinner is 569 calories, Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien's version is only 170 calories per serving! Make this delicious dinner using one of Hungry Girl's favorite kitchen tools: The slow cooker.| By Lisa Lillien
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs raw sirloin beef, trimmed of excess fat
For this recipe, make sure your slow cooker has at least a 4-quart capacity.
In a slow cooker, mix all ingredients except beef. Add beef and stir to coat.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours, until beef is fully cooked and tender.
Transfer beef to a large bowl. Shred with two forks – one to hold the beef in place and the other to scrape across and shred it.
Return the shredded beef to the slow cooker and mix well. Enjoy!