G. Garvin's Jalapeño Sloppy Joe
Cooking Channel's G. Garvin's low-sodium recipe.
Sticking to a low-sodium diet? Cooking Channel's G. Garvin has the ultra-juicy recipe for you.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp low-sodium tomato paste
- 1/2 diced jalapeño pepper, no seeds
- Serve on buns
In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; add onion, green pepper, jalapeno and tomato paste.Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, stock and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add agave nectar. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on buns.