Try this hearty shrimp soup recipe, packed with vegetables and flavor.
By Ulli Stachl Television Food Producer, Food Stylist and Culinary Consultant
- 3 cups veggie or fish stock
- 1 10-oz pkg frozen winter squash, defrosted
- 4 shiitake mushroom caps ,sliced
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb small raw, peeled shrimp.
- Fresh dill for topping, optional
In a large pan, heat the stock, squash, shiitake mushrooms, onion and bay leaves and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook for 2 more minutes. If desired, sprinkle with fresh dill before serving.Makes 4 servings.