In this plan, you'll eat soup six times a day. There's no need to count calories and you can have as much soup as you want at each sitting. Print this one-sheet to keep on your fridge to help you with the plan.
Soup 1: Breakfast Soup
Make this berry soup first thing in the morning. The kefir in it has three times the probiotics in yogurt and will give your digestive system a huge boost for detox.
Soups 2-5: The Main Meals
The next four soups in this plan contain nutrients to help burn fat and elevate your metabolism. Start with a vegetable soup base that you'll prep in advance to last three days. It's a mix of low-sodium veggie broth plus the core four detox ingredients cooked or steamed. Here's how they help you:
- Mushrooms battle inflammation.
- Broccoli is filled with fiber to cleanse your colon.
- Tomatoes help break down the toxins in your liver. (Canned tomatoes are fine to use.)
- Artichokes stimulate bile flow, which gets toxins out of your liver and also aids in digestions. (Canned artichokes are fine to use.)
This will be the base of most of your soups. Feel free to add as many additional non-starchy veggies or any spices to taste. If you feel like you still need more substance, add in three ounces of protein, fat and grains per meal. Pick from the below add-ins:
- Protein will help boost your metabolism. Choose beans, chicken, tofu or chickpeas.
- Fat can help you absorb essential detox vitamins. Choose from avocado and seeds like sesame, chia or pumpkin.
- Grains can help with energy. Choose from quinoa, brown rice or buckwheat noodles.
Soup 6: Dessert Soup
Make this apple cinnamon sweet potato soup at the end of the day. This plan uses natural, whole ingredients so you can soup detox as often as you want.