Jorge Cruise's Baked Pickles
Bake your favorite kind of pickles to get the satisfaction of a fried feeling without the extra calories.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6 to 10 dill pickles, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk well. Taste the mixture for flavor and adjust seasoning to your preference.
3. Dip pickle slices in water, then coat with dry mixture and place on a baking sheet making sure not to overcrowd. Bake the pickles in batches if necessary.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and remove when lightly browned. This depends on the style of pickle, so be sure to keep your eye on them.