Sandra Lee's White Bean Polenta
Enjoy the flavors of a warm dinner in less than 30 minutes.| By Sandra Lee
A hot meal shouldn't take hours to make. With this recipe, it doesn't! This meal is as easy as bake, blend and spread! Pile on the layers of flavor, and serve up tasty polenta rounds. End your evening on a positive note with a warm protein-packed meal.
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup canned white beans
- 1 tsp bottled crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 oz polenta
- 4 tbsp plus 2 tsp refrigerated pesto
- 3 tbsp diced pimentos
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. In a food processor, combine beans, garlic and Parmesan and process into a paste.
4. Trim ends of polenta tube and discard trimmings. Cut polenta into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
5. Using a 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut polenta into 14 smaller rounds. Place rounds on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Top each polenta slice with 1/2 teaspoon each of white bean mixture and pesto. Top with diced pimiento.
7. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.